Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Stampin’ Up Rev Up The Fun! Happy Birthday!

Hello There,

Sorry! Been a while I haven’t updated my site. I’ve actually been somewhat working on other things and somewhat not too. Had a lot going on. Fourth, one of my little sister’s bday (Lien), my birthday, and a close friend’s bday (Jennifer). So been a little crazy with birthdays and spending wonderful times with family and wonderful friends.

So why not show you guys a fun birthday card. I’ve been trying to continue to make more masculine cards, because I find it hard not to reach for a flower punch or add some blings or some hearts. So I kept it in a brown tone which usually a masculine color. And what is a birthday card without some nice fun colors? And what is a birthday without some balloons? I usually would toss in a cute cupcake, but my goal is to not make it “cutie girly looking” so instead, I used the motorcycle from the Stampin’ Up Rev Up The Fun! (130523) stamp set and loved the little sentiment “Rev Up The Fun! Happy Birthday!” to tie everything in. I also used Stampin’ Up Deco Labels Collection Framelits (130102). And to give the background a little textured, I used Stampin’ Up Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127749) and distressed the side of the card to give it that distressed look that also gave the card an nice rough look.



It was a lot of fun creating this card and I didn’t even add any blings, hearts, or cupcake (pretty proud of myself J). I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoy making it.

Thank you for dropping by!
Love always, SMILE!
Mui Hoang
Stampin' Up Demonstrator

No comments:

Post a Comment