Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Stampin' Up Sketched Birthday Cake

Hello There!

There’s always room to make more birthday cards and eat a cupcake or two! Today’s card feature a 2013-2014 Stampin’ Up stamp set – Sketched Birthday (130426). When I saw this on the new catalog, it was a must get for me—with a few others that obviously I HAD to get. Trust me, you can never have too many different Birthday stamp sets. They are one of the most handy stamps that you’ll end up using. And also there is always a good reason to create a birthday card for someone’s special birthday. And it is always yummy to create a yummy cupcake/cake oh-so-delicious card.

For this card, I wanted to continue to create this bright-fun-happy birthday card and I know just the person to create that for! This friend loves SWEETS, so I used the retired Stampin’ Up Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper but the new Stampin' Up Birthday Basic is just as pretty and nice (as all Stampin' Up Designer Series Papers are) to give these fun and yummy feel and topped it with a lot of layers (just like how much I love the layers on top of layers and on top of layers of cake) and some embellishments (just like how I love the cute decorations on yummy cakes). One of his favorite cake is German Chocolate, so I had to color the cake CHOCOOoOOOoo-LATE (oh I am so drooling!!! Because I myself LOVE chocolate cakes/cupcakes). And by using Designer Series Papers, you can easily pull the same coordinating colors that Stampin’ Up carries. One of the many good things about Stampin’ Up products is that you can EASILY tie in the colors and it blends well.


Here's a little close up. 


Whenever I try to make a card, I find it easier to give it a reason or keep someone in mind when creating because you think of what would that person like or what is that peson's favorite color or that person's personality. Having that in mind, this card was super easy to make and I so enjoyed very much making it as well. And I hope my friend will enjoy receiving it too.

Thank you for dropping by! Hope you enjoyed today's posting as much as I enjoyed making it. =)

Love always, SMILE!
Mui Hoang
Stampin' Up Demonstrator

No comments:

Post a Comment