Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Stampin' Up Ho Ho Ho Reindeer

Hello There!

Oh man, THIS WAS SOOO FUN to make!!! I love those jingle-ling bells!!! Hehe

If I sound super excited please excuse me. I want to announce and remind you that starting today is the STAMPIN’ UP HOLIDAY SALE!!! Don’t miss out on savings on top of savings!!! There are tons of good sales you don’t want to miss out!!!

And for today's posting...Super-duper duper excited to share with you today’s Stampin’ Up (SU) Ho Ho Ho Reindeer card. This card was super easy to make, just required some time and some technical difficulty on tying the green bow with the red and white twine (Well for me it did), so I hope it looks okay.

The Stampin’ Up Color Me Christmas (131742/131745) stamp set is super cool and fun stamp set to use. I used the cute little reindeer, because I wanted to add a cute little red pom pom on his cute little nose. I stamped the reindeer on SU whisper white cardstock using SU soft suede ink pad, then used SU blender pen and markers to color him and highlighted areas where I felt needed. Then used my glue gun to put the cute pom pom on his cute little nose and added dimension stickers behind it.


And for the fun challenge – not really a challenge, but it was fun. I always saw these cute little jingly-jingle bells and always wanted to incorporate them on my Christmas card, so I was like, why not on this card.

Opps I got ahead of myself…hehe first I used SU retired Holiday Treasure designer series paper. Added a strip with SU Scallop Trim Border (118402) using SU whisper white cardstock and wrapped the red and white twine vertically it over and over and over, grabbed the bow I tied earlier and tied a knot using the red/white twine. Then added the bells and tied a bow to add those two cute jingly jingles bells. To make sure it’s secured, I used some SU sticky tape around the twines areas, added a green ribbon and then adhered it on SU retired Moss Green cardstock and adhered that to SU crumb cake base card. 

Now for the fun details to pull the cards together. Used SU Ovals Collection frame lits (129381), sponged the sides and used SU marker to add the red strips around the oval die cut and added some dimension, placed it under the cute little bow jingle bells I just created. Then added the sentiment “Merry Christmas” and added the cute reindeer I just created. Of course I had to add some rhinestone, which I did on all four corners of the card.

Here's a closer look...

Still not complete!!! So, the inside of the card, I always felt my card isn’t completed...I know once in a while I do decorate the inside, but I always find it super time consuming, but you know what, if I kept it simple enough, it shouldn’t be a problem. So let’s try it from now on…

For the inside, I love sentiment and/or a nice cute little message. So I used SU Deco Labels Collection (13102) ran it through my Big Shot using SU crumb cake cardstock and whisper white stamped with “Thinking of you and wishing you the happiest season ever” using SU More Merry Message (126402) stamp set. Also pull some of the card design in – like the twine wrapping and the green ribbon and also ran the SU whisper white cardstock using SU Perfect Polka Dots (117335).

AND then for the other inside of the card, I thought it’ll be nice to stamp just the outline of the reindeer and not color it. I didn’t want the reindeer to be lonely, so I added “Ho Ho Ho” using SU Oh, Goodie (131886/131889) and to contrast it, I used SU Real Red ink pad.

Hope you like it…


We’re not done…hehe

I always get asked, how come you don’t add your little signature…so from now on and I’m going to try to remember to add my little signature. And with my signature, I usually add a cute little sticker next to it. I saw these cute stickers at Target (oh I love target!!) and was so excited to use them too! They’re just sooooo dang cute!!! LoOOoooooOkie...Here’s my signature...


Hope you enjoyed today’s posting! I’m like all hyped up today!!!

The goodies used: 
Stamp Sets:  Stampin’ Up Color Me Christmas (131742/131745); SU Oh, Goodie (131886/131889); SU More Merry Message (126402)
Inks: Stampin' Up Ink Pad - Soft Suede, Real Red, Gumball Green; Stampin’ Up Markers
Designer Series Paper:  Stampin’ Up Retired Holiday Treasure
Card Stock:  Stampin' Up – Crumb Cake, Moss Green, Soft Suede, Real Red, Whisper White
Daily Tools:  Big Shot (113439), SU Big Shot Magnetic Platform (130658), SU Standard Cutting Pads (113475), SU Clear-Mount Blocks (118491); SU Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), SU Paper Snips (103579), Sticky Strip; Dimension; SU Sponge
Tools Used Specifically For This Creation: SU Ovals Collection frame lits (129381), SU Deco Labels Collection frame lits (13102); SU Scallop Trim Border (118402)
Glitz and Glam:  Rhinestone, Red and White Twine, Satin Ribbon, Jingle Bells, Red pom pom

Thanks for dropping by! 

Love always, SMILE!
Mui Hoang

No comments:

Post a Comment