Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Stampin' Up Fa La La La Christmas

Hello there=)

As I was going over my stack of Christmas stamps, I noticed the Stampin’ Up Season of Joy, a retired stamp set and decided to use this stamp to create a card. When I was looking at it, I was thinking of elves, so I thought I’ll somewhat create an “elf-looking theme/color” card. Not sure if it worked or not, but hope it did.

For this card, I used Stampin’ Up cardstock Gumball Green and used a large scallop border and if I remembered correctly elves sock is usually green and has red strips, so I thought why not throw in some strips!!! Always come in handy, Stampin’ Up Designer Series paper, threw some of those in the background and then a different one and added a Spellbinder die cut, added some other embellishment, rhinestones, twines and ribbon and used some liquid pearls and all done! I thought it’ll be nice to track the leaves with liquid pearls – hope you guys liked it. Then I used the distress tool and distressed all around where I wanted the distressed to go. It was actually super fun doing that, but when you do that, make sure to have a little trash can underneath, because it did create a little mess.


Here's a little closer look for the details....




Thank you for dropping by!!!

The goodies used: 
Stamp Sets:  Stampin' Up Season Joy
Inks: Stampin' Up - Whisper White, Soft Suede
Designer Series Paper:  Santa List
Card Stock:  Baja Breeze, Gumball Green, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Tools:  Big Shot, Spellbinder die cut, Martha Steward punch, EK border punch, SU Stamp-a-ma-jig, Paper Snips, Sticky Strip, SU Sponge Dauber
Glitz and Glam:  Pearls, Ribbon, Twine, Rhinestones

Love always, SMILE!
Mui Hoang
Stampin' Up Demonstrator

No comments:

Post a Comment