Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Stampin’ Up A Merry Christmas Cottage

Hi There!!!

I pulled out my Christmas Lodge from Stampin’ Up and stamped it SU whisper white cardstock and started coloring it. First I just wanted to color it brown (using markets and blender pen) then it looked so boring…haha so I colored/outlined the trims in red, it made a huge differences. As I was doing that, I wanted to dazzle the snow, so I used Stampin’ Up dazzling. As I was doing that, I was like…hmmm..it’ll be a good idea to cut it out and add a “snowing” background using Polka dot emboss folder from Stampin’ Up and liquid pearl-ed each dots. THEN I was thinking, maybe I should frame it, so I created a frame using one of Spellbinder die cut. Then used Stampin’ Up Retired Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper – it’s one of my favorite holiday papers because it’s the simplicity of the paper that I love plus, it really screams out CHRISTMAS. Sadly it’s a retired paper, BUT Stampin’ Up always out-do-itself and creates wonderful Christmas (as well as others) designer series papers I always can’t wait to get my hands on. Then added a little trim on top of the card with a nice silver ribbon.



Then finished it with More Merry Message stamp set from Stampin’ Up sentiment “a very merry Christmas to you….” This stamp set has a lot of good choices if you are looking for great Christmas sentiment varieties. And a snowflake punch from Mathra Stewart with a rhinestone. AND of course, can't forget to add a bow, so I added a nice green color satin bow and some liquid pearls and of course more pearls!!!

Here’s a closer look of the card…


Super fun and exciting card to make!!! Hope you are all making and thinking about christmas like me! and super excited about it too. 

Thank you sooooOOOo super duper much for dropping by!!!

The goodies used: 
Stamp Sets:  Stampin' Up More Merry Message, Stampin' Up Christmas Lodge
Inks: Stampin' Up - Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Designer Series Paper:  Stampin' Up Jolly Holiday
Card Stock:  Stampin' Up - Whisper White, Gumball Green, Pear Pizzaz, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Tools:  Big Shot, Spellbinder die cut, Martha Steward punch, SU Embossed folder, SU Stamp-a-ma-jig, Paper Snips, Sticky Strip, SU Sponge Dauber
Glitz and Glam:  Pearls, Ribbon, Rhinestones

Love always, SMILE!
Mui Hoang

No comments:

Post a Comment